Immigration Law
Para Español

Houston & Dallas Immigration Lawyer

Legal Help Navigating the U.S. Immigration System

At MR Civil Justice, our lead immigration attorney, Ms. Olivia Barvin, helps clients access and navigate through the most viable route to obtain legal status in the U.S. The most common avenues she helps our clients pursue are detailed below.

U Visa

Have you been a victim of a crime that happened in the United States? Did you report the crime? You may be eligible for a U visa.

The U visa is a form of humanitarian relief passed by Congress under the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000. It is available to victims of serious crimes that occurred in the United States, including:

  • domestic violence,
  • sexual assault,
  • aggravated robbery,
  • aggravated assault;
  • and over 20 other qualifying crimes.

If the crime was reported and the victim (or parent of a minor) cooperated with law enforcement in the investigation of the crime, a certification from the police or the District Attorney can be requested.

If the certification is provided, we can file a U Nonimmigrant Visa application. The U visa can provide a pathway to Legal Permanent Residency and, in some cases, citizenship.

T Visa

Were you forced into commercial sex acts or forced labor in the United States? You may be eligible for a T visa.

The T visa is available to victims of human trafficking who are forced to provide labor services or commercial sex acts under force, fraud, or coercion from their traffickers.

Attorney Olivia Barvin has represented dozens of victims of human trafficking and secured T Nonimmigrant Status on their behalf. She is extensively trained in trauma-informed care. She stands by her clients and guides them step by step through this challenging and sensitive process.


Did you enter the United States as a child before 2007? Do you need help renewing your DACA? Wondering if you can still apply for DACA? We can help.

Many individuals were brought to the United States by their parents with no willful violation of immigration law. They have grown up in the United States and consider this country their home.

For these young men and women, a return to their country of birth is not an option. The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) allows these "Dreamers" to live and work in the United States, protected from the fear of deportation.


Did you suffer abuse at the hands of a spouse who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPR)? You may qualify for VAWA.

VAWA is the Violence Against Women Act (although men can also qualify) and was passed by Congress to protect spouses without status from being manipulated, abused and/or threatened by their LPR or U.S. citizen spouse.

Depending on how you entered the United States and a few other factors you may qualify for VAWA alone or VAWA with the ability to adjust to Legal Permanent Residency.

Family Based Immigration

U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents: Would you like to petition for your spouse?

United States citizens: Have you been waiting for your 21st birthday to petition for your mom or dad? LPRs: Are you ready to petition for your children?

We’re here to help!

There are many ways that an individual can obtain legal status if a qualifying relationship to a U.S. citizen or LPR exists. A Form I-130 is submitted and depending on the relationship and the beneficiary's immigration history, an application for adjustment of status (LPR) can be filed concurrently.

Otherwise, Attorney Olivia Barvin will assist the family in consular processing and any necessary waivers that must be filed. In some instances, Olivia will file the I-130 and proceed when a visa becomes available. We will work with you to create a plan to obtain legal status in the most time- and cost-effective manner.

Naturalization & Citizenship

If you are currently a legal permanent resident, or green card holder, it may be time to apply for naturalization. Call us to see if you qualify for citizenship. Once a legal permanent resident naturalizes, he or she becomes a citizen with full rights and protections from the law provided to a U.S. born citizen. And most importantly, you have the right to vote.

Request a Free Immigration Case Evaluation Today

At MR Civil Justice, we hold ourselves to the highest standards of legal and ethical practice, and that starts with a free, no-obligation consultation for you. If you are ready to get started on your immigration case, we encourage you to contact us today. When you do, you’ll have easy access:

  • Bilingual services in English and Spanish
  • Direct and ongoing access to your attorney
  • Personalized, client-centered representation

To get started, call us at (713) 568-1725 or complete an online submission form and a member of our Houston and Dallas immigration law team will be in touch shortly.

A Proven Devotion to Our Clients

  • Attorney Raphael made the process easy to understand

    “First time requiring legal services, Mr. Raphael made the process easy to understand, and I always felt they had my wellbeing as a priority. Would definitely recommend and use him again, without a dou ...”

    - Efrain S.
  • Damon Mathias was nothing but a saint in the midst of something so horrible

    “If you are ever in the unfortunate need of an attorney, fortunately, I know the place for you! 5 stars doesn't begin to explain the level of empathy, hard work, kindness, and intelligence of this ...”

    - Emily J.
  • Olivia Barvin does everything possible to obtain the best result for her clients

    “As a friend and colleague of Olivia, I know that she is dedicated to her cases and does everything possible to obtain the best result for her clients. I highly recommend attorney Olivia Barvin.”

    - Karo M.
  • My hats off to these guys!

    “My hats off to these guys!!! Ori Raphael and his team are a very respectful and professional group of people for one and the man is an outstanding attorney, to say the least. I gave all my friends his ...”

    - Xavier J.
  • Attorney Olivia Barvin has changed my life

    “Olivia has changed my life. She is a true gift of God on earth and is one of the rare individuals who exist in our world. I am so blessed to have worked with her and consider her as an angel that was ...”

    - Zeenat Q.