Damon Mathias is the founder of MR Civil Justice and has spent his career representing clients in Texas and Illinois and in federal courts throughout the nation. At MR Civil Justice we have the great responsibility of representing clients in the pursuit of justice in the civil legal system. At the foundation of MR Civil Justice is the personal connection MR Civil Justice attorneys and staff have with their clients. Clients hire MR Civil Justice during the most trying times of their lives. When they’ve been severely injured by the negligence of another, or even worse, when they have lost a loved one, such as a spouse, parent or child due to the another’s negligence.
- Strategic thinking, examining every angle of a problem and moving a case forward with innovative solutions.
- Ability to think strategically and hold a long-term focus while executing each step of a plan with determination and precision.
- Having vision, intelligence and determination to push strategies through to completion no matter the obstacles.
- Overcoming challenges with fearsome determination and intellect.
- Ruthless level of rationality, using drive, determination and sharp mind to achieve optimal results.
- Confident and charismatic communication to inspire others to get the job done as efficiently as possible, and to the highest standard of quality.
- Natural leadership, and ability to formulate a strategy and to identify the strengths of each member of the team, incorporating those abilities into their plans so that each individual fills a unique and important role
Damon has handled the most serious cases including those involving wrongful death, premises liability, product liability, personal injury, slip and fall, bad faith insurance, and medical malpractice.
Damon has also provided counsel for individuals and businesses in matters involving:
- The Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act
- Construction Disputes
- Breach of Contract
- Materialman & Mechanic Lien Enforcement / Removal
- Yeshiva University, cum laude, B.A. in Political Science
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D.
- Texas State Courts
- Illinois State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Professional Affiliations & Organizations
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Illinois
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago, Mentor Volunteer
- Standard Club, Member