Chicago Wrongful Death Attorney
Call (214) 307-8387 Today to File Your Wrongful Death Claim in Chicago
At MR Civil Justice, we have served many families whose loved ones have died in tragic accidents, the majority of which are avoidable and occur due to the negligence of others. When a family member dies unexpectedly, it leaves a gaping hole, and those left behind often experience a great deal of emotional trauma and personal suffering. If this has happened to you, we are here to help you seek justice for your family and your deceased loved one.
What Is Wrongful Death and How Does it Happen?
Wrongful death is a distinct category of injury and death because it occurs due to the negligence, reckless behavior, or failure of another person. The circumstances that lead to wrongful death are typically created when another party fails to fulfill a certain obligation or does not carefully execute their duties. Wrongful death can occur due to a variety of errors and oversights, including:
- Driving while texting, talking, or otherwise distracted
- Drunk driving
- Road rage
- Failure to properly or promptly diagnose a serious medical condition
- Surgical never events, such as performing a procedure on the wrong patient or leaving forceps, needles, gauze, etc. inside the patient’s body after surgery
- A property owner’s or manager’s failure to fix or warn workers, clients, etc. of unsafe walkways, bridges, floors, etc.
- A landlord’s inaction or failure to properly secure the premises to prevent forced entry, violent assault, and death of tenants
- Construction accidents involving heavy machinery, falls from heights, electrocution, or falling objects
- Exposure to toxic chemicals or substances
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Injury and death as a result of a poorly designed, defectively manufactured, or falsely advertised product
In most circumstances, all of the above needlessly subject other people to serious danger, life-threatening injury, and often death. If drivers, employers, property managers, and others exercise appropriate caution and adhere to safety protocol, such accidents can be avoided and lives are protected. However, when they fail to do so, their negligence can result in tragic loss of life and devastating damage to their families and loved ones.
The Cost of Wrongful Death
Decedents’ family members often experience serious financial damages as well. Depending on the nature of the accident in question, families may accrue thousands of dollars in medications, hospital stays, rehabilitative treatments, visits with specialists, life support, and more. These costs become exponentially greater in cases where the decedent was injured, hospitalized, and lived for any amount of time before passing away. In either case, families typically bear the brunt of funeral costs alone, which tend to total at least $5,000.
If Your Loved One Has Died Wrongfully, Call a Chicago Wrongful Death Attorney Immediately
Depending on the nature of the accident or failure that led to your loved one’s passing, it may be necessary to begin gathering evidence immediately in order to establish proof of responsibility for their suffering and death. In any case, it is imperative that you secure legal representation immediately.
Our experienced team at MR Civil Justice is committed to treating you, your family, and your case with sensitivity, compassion, and thoughtfulness, while fighting for fair resolution.
Schedule your free consultation with us in order to find out how we can serve you during this difficult time.
Attorney Raphael made the process easy to understand- Efrain S.
Damon Mathias was nothing but a saint in the midst of something so horrible- Emily J.
Olivia Barvin does everything possible to obtain the best result for her clients- Karo M.
My hats off to these guys!- Xavier J.
Attorney Olivia Barvin has changed my life- Zeenat Q.